Wednesday, August 01, 2007

SUMO NEWS

I'm a bit delayed with great SUMO news!! Finally Sumo is getting a bit more exciting with the promotion of Hakuho to Yokozuna on May 30th. Now we have two Yokozuna which make for a wonderful battle, just the way it should be! The only problem for some people is that both he and Asashoryu are Mongolian and not Japanese. I don't care one way or another! I'm just happy to see some good competition again!
I'm also tired of seeing Asashoryu win every tournament. It is boring like WRC was boring with Seb Loeb was winning every rally in the Citroen!

I like Hakuho, he's really cute! Check out his picture below!! http://www.sumo.or.jp/eng/kyokai/special/promotion/yokozuna_69th.html

I'm still
totally in love with Baruto and Kotooshu, but Hakuko is a cutie too!

Other fantastic news is that my other sweetie Kotomitsuki was promoted to Ozeki following his outstanding performance at the Nagoya Tournament in July. His promotion was official on July 25th. He has the cutest baby face, don't you think?
http://www.sumo.or.jp/eng/kyokai/special/promotion/kotomitsuki.html

The next big tournament is in September in Tokyo at Ryogoku Kokugikan. I'm planning to go with a couple of friends. We'll have some nice box seats (hopefully) and enjoy like we did at New Year's tournament! This time will be even more exciting! I couldn't talk for two days last time, with all the new excitement this time I suppose I'll be speechless for a week! I really hope Kotomitsuki can win that tournament, his first as Ozeki!!

More Sumo news later in August during the Summer training camp held here in Iruma for Kasugano stable. I can't wait to go!!

Love,
Viki


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home