Monday, September 18, 2006

Hi Gang,
Just a quick Sumo update. I just finished watching tonight's action and now I have to lay down again. My back is really hurting and I want to make it to work somehow tomorrow!!!

Day 9 is over and Asashoryu was the winner in his match with Roho! Also Ama won today so that means Asashoryu and Ama are now tied for the lead with 8-1 records! I think that is fantastic for Ama!!! But there are many days to go and this is no different than rally.. anything can still happen! Most likely Asashoryu will win the rest of his matches and the tournament, like I said... it isn't much different than Loeb in the WRC.

Unfortunately today was a bad day for most of my guys! Baruto, Kotooshu and Kotomitsuki all lost! Kotomitsuki still has a good record and Kotooshu is still holding a winning record but for Baruto it isn't good news, he has a losing record now. If you don't win more matches than you lose, then you lose your ranking. I hope Baruto can win the rest of his matches each day!!!

Takamisakari won today and his record is the same as Kotooshu's so he is holding 5 wins 4 losses. I also hope he can win more of his bouts over the next week!

Tomorrow Asashoryu takes on Kotomitsuki... hmmmm I wonder how that will go!!!

Roho and Kotooshu will fight it out and I hope Kotooshu stomps him down!!! Baruto meets Miyabiyama, Miyabiyama is usually pretty strong but right now they both share a 4-5 record so they are equal this tournament. I hope Baruto stomps him down too!!!

This tournament has brought many surprises. Today was the day my friends and I wanted to go to the tournament, but as I said we didn't get tickets. In the end with my back things worked out for the better. I would have paid a fortune to be miserably uncomfortable!

Love,
Viki

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

there was a news in Estonian news portal today about Baruto injuring his knee

9/20/2006 12:33:00 AM  
Blogger Subaru Girl Viki said...

Hi Kristi, I didn't see tonight's matches. I went back to work... but I will watch in the morning on Sumo Digest. I can't find anything about Baruto being injured tonight, but I hope he will be OK. I'm mad that he was hurt fighting Miyabiyama, you know how I hate him! I pray Baruto's knee is OK. For Sumo knees are the most fragile. They are holding up so much weight and get so much abuse. It it important for them to keep their knees in good shape. The biggest reason for Sumo Rikishi retiring is knee trouble!! :-(

9/20/2006 01:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home