Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Hi!!

Sumo day 10 over and done.. not good for many.... at least not the guys I like!

The good news is that Asashoryu and Ama still hold the lead at 9-1. I'd love to see an upset and have Ama win this tournament! That would be fabulous!!!

Unfortunately Kotomitsuki was the one who lost to Asashoryu. Miyabiyama took out Baruto and from what Kristi says in Estonian news he may have gotten injured today. I can't find anything in Japan news yet. Knees are very fragile in Sumo, they are holding up hundreds of kilos... and the biggest reason for Sumo Rikishi retirement at younger ages is failing knees! I hope Baruto is going to be fine tomorrow!!! Bully Roho ran over Kotooshu tonight too!! Last but not least Takamisakari lost tonight too!!

Baruto has a 4-6 record, it is very bad for him. Kotooshu and Takamisakari are even 5-5, it isn't good either but it is better. For Kotooshu it is especially bad, he is higher ranked at Ozeki, they are required to maintain better records!! Kotomitsuki is still at 6-4, if he wins the rest of his bouts he will be fine!

I hope for a better day tomorrow! Today's Sumo reminds me of some bad WRC memories of Subaru cars and their troubles!!

Love, Viki

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

I don't think the injuiry was real bad... in the news they said that he hurt his knee and left limping. But they also say that he'll be competing today..

9/20/2006 04:19:00 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

oh sorry... another news came just moments ago about Baruto being forced to stop competing in Aki-basho.

9/20/2006 04:30:00 PM  
Blogger Subaru Girl Viki said...

Kristi, thanks for the news. I went back to work today so honestly I did not know anything about todays SUMO news. Oh, I am just sick, this has turned into something like a WRC event now... just watching the Subaru fall apart and watching the big bully win the rally. I am sick about Baruto! I hope he recovers soon!!!

9/20/2006 08:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home