Sunday, September 17, 2006

Hi Guys,
Sumo Day 8 update.. and I really think I need a new back!

Well, about the back... I'm really wondering if I could just get a new one. I felt much better today but just a little walking and sitting and getting up and down really put me back in terrible misery! I just can't believe it. I must say thankfully that the pain shooting down my leg with the pinched nerve is finally under control. That is something, isn' t it? Just can't get over the terrible back pain now. Well, one more day of rest and back to work, we'll see!!!

Now on to exciting SUMO! Today was the 8th day of the Aki (fall) basho. Things are not as I'd like them, in that some of my favorite guys aren't doing as well as I'd like, so it is just like the WRC these days I guess....

Tied for first now are Yokozuna Asashoryu, Ama and Roho with 7-1 records. Five are tied for 2nd with 6-2 records including one of my favorites: Kotomitsuki. As for Kotooshu he lost again today and sits with a 5-3 record. It isn't bad, it is still a winning record but it is a shame. Even worse is Baruto and Takamisakari are both with a 4-4 record. Ok, still they are doing their best so the Sumo is still exciting!! One huge disappointment is that Hakuho is sitting at 5-3 which means he will not have any chance to be promoted to Yokozuna (grand champion) this time. Last year he had a nearly perfect record and everyone said that he was surely to be considered for promotion but the Sumo elders didn't consider him. Now, his record isn't good. Even if he wins all the remaining bouts it is not possible to be considered this time! That is a real shame! I had hoped to see him promoted to Yokozuna soon!!!

Tomorrow will be very exciting Asashoryu and Roho will battle it out. I really hope Asashoryu wins the bout. I certainly like his attitude more than I do Roho's. Ama faces Baruto tomorrow. I want Ama to finish with a great record but of course I love Baruto so I hope Baruto wins tomorrow!

Hakuho takes on Miyabiyama and since I don't like Miyabiyama I am really pulling for Hakuho in that bout for sure!!

Monday's sumo will be exciting without a doubt! Tomorrow is also a national holiday in Japan so many people who can't usually watch Sumo will be able see it on TV and some lucky ones will be there at Ryogoku watching it live. (unfortunately we couldn't get tickets for tomorrow!)

See ya tomorrow,
Viki

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home