Sunday, September 10, 2006

Hi guys!!

I'm sorry again not to have "real news" to post for you from Rally Japan!!! I just wanted to post a quick message to you and let you know that I haven't fallen off the face of the earth after getting back to Tokyo from Hokkaido!!

Actually the last day in Hokkaido I reinjured my back. I've had trouble with my back before and the doctor said then that I had a herniated disk. The pain is exactly the same this time as before, less so than my first attack but worse than the last time I had trouble! For those of you not familiar with "herniated disks" you can read more about them here: http://familydoctor.org/341.xml.

Anyway I was miserable driving from Ryohei's house (where I started feeling the pain suddenly) to Sapporo. That is another reason I decided to stay in Sapporo rather than driving the rest of the way to Otaru. Luckily I had a nice bed and got some good sleep. The ferry was another story, sleeping on the floor, I knew I couldn't do that because I was sure I couldn't get back up. I knew before I got there I would be miserable. I wished they'd let me just sleep in my car seat!! I did make it somehow with a little prayer and some luck but driving home from the ferry port in Niigata was tough. Daytime the drive usually takes about 5 hours since there is some traffic. It is about 350kms if I remember correctly. I did make it but I stopped twice to rest and took a nap from lack of energy with the pain.

I haven't been able to unload my car yet either, I can't lift anything heavy and I certainly can't carry anything up all the stairs to my house. So I brought up a few things and the rest of my stuff is just waiting in my car till my back gets better.

Good news and bad news is that I finally got some good sleep Friday night after taking some pain medicine. It worked well and I was thankful to get good sleep, however, I overslept for work Saturday morning because of it. I woke up just 30 minutes before I was supposed to be at my class. I was so upset!!! I had planned to go and gotten everything ready including my laptop with the pictures of the trip to show my students a little about WRC. There was no time for them to cancel so they met without me. I am still so sorry about that and have felt bad all day. I slept most of the day off and on taking some pain medicine. It is the middle of the night now and I woke up so I just write you and take some more medicine and going back to bed after this...

Good night again...
Love,
Viki

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home