Friday, July 11, 2008

Happy Birthday 若の里 (Wakanosato)

July 10th is Wakanosato's 32nd birthday!


Unbelievably I can't find a better picture of Waka anywhere... this is him far right during the warm up for the Soka Jungyo in April 2008

Wakanosato belongs to Naruto beya alongside Kisenosato! Wakanosato made his debut in March of 2002 and in his first full tournament in May 2002 he won the Jonokuchi Yusho!! In the last basho May of 2008 he was 10-5 at the Maegashira 10 rank and coming Sunday in Nagoya he will be starting at the Maegashira 4 rank! Good Luck to you Wakanosato!!! Hoping for another 10-5 or better basho for you this time around!!

JULY 10th is also the day I saw gas prices the highest ever! When I was on the way home from work I looked over and almost crashed when I saw the price of gas has reached $7.60 a gallon here! It is a little cheaper here in Saitama where I live but in other areas it is at that scary price!!! Still not as high as England where I here it is $9.00 or more a gallon but much worse than the US where it is still just over $4.00 a gallon!! When you are in the US today filling up and being discouraged... just think of the Japanese cost and you may feel better!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home