Tuesday, June 17, 2008


This is Kasugao!

Kasugao is my sweetie too!!! He is from South Korea!!! He belongs to Kasugayama Beya! I met him at the Yokosuka Jungyo! He asked me to teach him English before going to the Los Angeles Jungyo!

He is so sweet and gentle!!! Kazuko & I fell in love with him!
I wanted to watch the morning practice at his stable but his is really far from me & far from Tokyo too actually so we didn't make it there before the May tournament! ;-(

During the May Basho on Nakabi with Tomomi he was injured! It was terrible for me!!!! I was cheering one minute and then he went down, his opponent was Toyonoshima. I know him too and he is a gentle guy, not one who would try to injure Kasugao so I wondered why Kasugao didn't get up! A second later I realized he wasn't getting up & he was laying on the dohyo... I felt helpless and suddenly I started crying so hard! Everyone around me looked worried about me. Tomomi was shocked!! She doesn't speak English really well so I couldn't say anything to her! I couldn't really say anything anyway! Everyone was handing me tissues! I cried and cried and cried!!! Tomomi remembered that I know Kasugao and she suddenly told the people around us that Kasugao and I are friends so I was very worried!!!
I cried into the next match and worried very much!!! That night I went to stay at my hotel and turned on the TV, there was Sumo Digest program and they were showing Kasugao's injury and getting carried off and put into a wheel chair. That made me cry again and I cried all night long!! I didn't set an alarm and I was lucky to wake up just in time... with red eyes and a headache.... to get ready to leave for work! In the afternoon I got to my high school. I told my friend Koike about Kasugao. I asked him if he thought it was ok to call his heya to ask about him. He said he thought it was fine. I called and talked to the Okami-san. But while I was talking I started crying again. I gave the phone to Koike and he asked her some questions. He told her that I was very worried and had been crying and needed to know how Kasugao was. She said he was in the hospital. He will need a month or two to recover but probably at least two months!
I felt so sad because he was so excited about going to the US for the Los Angeles Jungyo & I was going to have him call Kevin to show him around! I knew Kasugao was excited about the trip but he wouldn't be able to go because of his injury!!! That made me more sad for him!

Kasugao, I hope you're feeling better!! I wonder.... you could read the English letter I sent you or did you read Kazuko's Japanese translation? Did Cookies & Chocolates make you feel better? I hope you like everything I sent and I hope you are up and about soon!!!

Get Well Soon Kasugao!! I am worried about you!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home