Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Sumo: Fukuoka Basho
Update after Day 10


There are only 5 more days left in the tournament! Things are going well. Three of my most favorite guys are all tied for the lead in the tournament! Baruto, Kotomitsuki & Hakuho! Chiyotaikai was the sole leader until today but now he has two losses like the rest. I like him too but I just love Baruto and Kotomitsuki more.. :-)

The interesting news is that Takamisakari has reentered the tournament after 5 days off. I read he had a fractured ankle. I guess that was a mistake on the doctor's part or the media because I'm not doctor myself but I don't think ankle fractures can heal in 5 days! Obviously he must feel up to coming back and it must have just been a sprain or something but I'm a little worried about him too!!!Take care of yourself Takamisakari!

The sad news on day 7 was that
Kotooshu had to withdraw from the tournament due to his previous injuries he had before the tournament started! So sorry for him!!! With is record at that point it was clear he wasn't in top form!!! Get Well Soon Kotooshu!!!!

Hakuho 8-2 (wins-losses)
Kotomitsuki 8-2
Chiyotakai 8-2
Ama 6-4 (doing a bit better, hope he can win the next 5 as well!)
Baruto 8-2 (saw his match today and he looked good! when he finished he was smiling so much it was incredible! smiling ear to ear all the way back from the dohyo and had a chat with some fans waiting to give him a present! I watched his short interview after that & he really was full of smiles and the commentator mentioned more than once that he had never seen him so happy! Good Job today!!)

Kasugano Rikishi:
Makuuchi:
Tochinonada 7-3 (saw his match today and he look fantastic!!!!)
Tochiozan 5-5 (good luck!!!)
Kasuganishiki 6-4 (doing well, keep up the good work!)

Juryo:
Tochinohana 1-9 (I'm so sorry for him!I know how disappointed he must be!)

Makushita ( only 7 mathces total per tournament):
Tochinoshin 4-1
Kimurayama 4-1
*both guys have a match tomorrow with their opponents equally ranked!*

Good Luck tomorrow guys!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home