Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Sumo news gets better and better!!!

This morning I found out that Tochinoshin would have a match in the upper Juryo division today! This was because of the unfortunate withdrawal of Takamisakari due to a fractured ankle. That means that someone from Juryo has to move up to Makuuchi to fill in, then someone from Makushita has to move up to fill in the Juryo spot!!

I was so excited & nervous all day! I almost couldn't breathe until I heard the news.... I figured the match would be about 3pm and so I had my cell phone in my pocket and at 3:15 I could feel it vibrating.. that meant a new email. I couldn't wait until 3:30 when my class was over so I could check my mail! I held my breath and clicked the mail and when I saw the good news... "Tochinoshin won..." I jumped up and down and almost screamed!

I was so happy for him!! Thank you Ogaki-san for your quick information today!! I would have gone insane today without knowing!

Tomorrow Tochinoshin will have a rest as he should have only 3 more matches this tournament. Tomorrow's slide up to Juryo will be his stablemate Kimurayama and I hope he does as well and beats his Juryo opponent!

There is a picture of Tochinoshin on Kasugano's website today of him getting his hair done for the tournament! Check it out here. It is all in Japanese but scroll down below the chart of wins and losses and you'll come to the kanji for his name. You can find it!

Congratulations today Tochinoshin!! 4-0 is fantastic and one of those being Juryo division!! Good for you!!! Enjoy your rest tomorrow!!!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home