Saturday, November 17, 2007

Sumo: Fukuoka Basho
Update after Day 6


Better late than never!! I've been so concerned with updating Tochinoshin's match information I haven't told you about anyone else this tournament!! Too little time and the most important had to come first!!!

The sad news is that Takamisakari has had to withdraw from the tournament due to a fractured ankle he suffered on the 4th day. That meant the 5th day he forfeited his match and withdrew from the rest of the tournament! I'm so sorry Takamisakari! Get well soon!!!!!

Also I don't think I've mentioned that Asashoryu is absent this entire tournament. He is still in Mongolia and will return to Japan on Nov. 26th. I thought he'd be back for this tournament but I guess I had the wrong information. He must come back and make an apology of sorts to the Sumo council for his actions. Then he will be allowed to compete in the winter one day tour program. The next tournament for him will be the Hatsu Basho in January! It will be exciting to have two Yokozuna again competing like the old days with Takanohana, Wakanohana, Akebono and Musashimaru but I don't care for Asashoryu or his attitude so I don't mind either way he is here or not! Maybe he can show me something new that changes my mind about him?! We'll see...

Hakuho is the only Yokozuna this tournament and he is doing well with only one loss!

Hakuho 5-1 (wins-losses)
Kotomitsuki 5-1 (he has a new picture on the sumo page, his smile is sooo cute!)
Chiyotakai 6-0
Kotooshu 2-4 (I'm so disappointed for him!!)
Ama 3-3 (sorry for Isao-san and Kazuko, my friends who really love him!!)
Baruto 5-1

Kasugano Rikishi:
Makuuchi:
Tochinonada 4-2
Tochiozan 4-2
Kasuganishiki 3-3
*I watched these matches in my car during a traffic jam tonight. All three boys did a great job on wins Friday!!*
Juryo:
Tochinohana 0-6 (I'm so sorry for him!)
Makushita (7 mathces total):
Tochinoshin 4-0 (reminder one win is Juryo win Friday!!)
Kimurayama 2-1 (he's only had 3 matches total so far)

Good Luck tomorrow guys!!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home