Saturday, November 03, 2007

SUMO
SUPER FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!!!!!

The November basho is coming up soon and on October 29th the new Banzuke (Sumo ranking was released!) I am extremely happy to report that my favorite young guy Tochinoshin (see pic below-the most handsome man in Sumo!) has been promoted to the top spot of the prestigious East #1 in Makushita division!!! It is wonderful news! I am so happy for him. His last tournament he did very well and has earned this promotion! The next division is Juryo and it would be fantastic if he could make it to that rank for the January tournament!!!

The November tournament is held in Fukuoka! It is so far away though I wish I could see Tochinoshin's debut as the top ranked Makushita! I've talked to him on the phone and congratulated him on the day the ranking was announced. He was so surprised that even though I was away on my trip I knew this news so quickly! (Thanks to Ogaki-san's quick email information!!)

More good news for Kasugano stable is that the West #1 spot is also held by Kimurayama of Kasugano.

Additionally my other sweetie Baruto has been promoted again to East Maegashira #16 after being demoted due to missing some tournaments with injuries. He won the Juryo division last tournament so he also moves back up to the Makuuchi division!! I'm happy for him!!!

This will also be a great tournament because finally two Yokozuna will compete together. Last tournament Asashoryu was absent for health reasons.

I would love to go, just checked the info again and the cheapest round trip would be about $500 to go there by shinkansen! Plus Sumo tickets. I guess it would be better to spend that money and go to two days of the January Basho in Tokyo!!

Good Luck boys!! Especially Tochinoshin!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home