Sunday, August 05, 2007

Rally Finland Leg 2

Today was a total bust! My heart broken in tiny pieces!! Jari-Matti Latvala could not return to the rally for today and tomorrow under Super Rally regulations because he bent his roll cage. Under those conditions they can not restart due to FIA regulations!


Then after Stage 15 today Petter's car was having so much trouble that SWRT decided to retire his car and start analyzing the problems. The team felt there was no reason to continue the rally with the car as it was. They couldn't identify and fix the problem. Hopefully now they can analyze things and get them worked out before Germany!


Today was hard on many drivers, Manfred Stohl also retired today due to rolling his car! Thankfully he and Ilka are ok but it is uncertain whether they can continue tomorrow or not. I like them, they were so nice to me last two years and they've both signed my Legacy as well. Manfred and Ilka even talked to Eileen on my cell phone while she was in Ireland while they were signing my car last year in the parking lot of their hotel in Hokkaido! They are both really cool!


Today also claimed Dani Sordo but that is fine, we are happy to see his Citroen out of the rally. Sorry Dani, it isn't personal but we just don't like your team!


The rally is over today and will continue tomorrow with three more stages. It will be a really short day as the stages won't start till 10am Finland time which is 4pm Japan time. Everyone can get a little extra sleep... maybe!

Leader board after Leg 2
1.Marcus Gronholm
2.Mikko Hirvonen
3.Seb Loeb
4.CHRIS ATKINSON
5.Henning Solberg
6.XEVI PONS



Oh one great thing today, Eileen called me from Stage 14 today. She was with Tone and they talked to me on Eileen's cell phone! That was cool!! I love you Eileen and I love you Tone!! It was great to talk to you!!


Time for me to get a few emails out and get to bed. It is only 1:30am and I'm trying to get out of my vampire mode! I've been laying down after the sun comes up. (on my futon, NOT in a coffin..LOL) I used to love Vampire time but I really hate it now. I'm getting too old for that! However, this time of year in Japan vampire time is much better, I'm not sweating during the night like I am in the day time!


I'll update you on the final day of Rally Finland tomorrow! I've also got a bit of exciting Sumo news to share!


Love,
Viki
xxoo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home